Delaware - Key Facts
Did You Know?
- Delaware has a population of just 907,135.
- 8.4% of Delaware residents (76,362) were born overseas.
- 30.4% of Delaware's foreign born residents are from Asia, the second highest foreign born population after Latin America (41.4%).
Rodney Sq in Downtown Wilmington
- Delaware is a small state with a land era of just 1,954 square miles and a population density of about 447.
- Delaware has the least interstate highway miles - 40.61.
- Delaware has the highest GDP per capita: $71,949.
- Nearly 50% of students in Delaware public schools come from low income families making them eligible for free or reduced fee lunches.
- Kent County in Delaware had the least number of hooker arrests - Just 3. Either the men in Kent county have low libido or the police is too busy catching speedsters to worry about the little birds of the night.
- A mere 11.8% of Delaware's 377,000 workers are represented by unions.
- Is it the Indian influx that's turned Middletown into Delaware's fourth most populated city (Middletown was in 9th position in 1990).